Pinterest is an increasingly popular social media site that was launched in March of 2010. On Pinterest one can post (‘pin’) and like images and videos. Users create visual boards based on their hobbies, interests, professions, “wish lists”, and other themes. Users can find and pin images and videos from their friends, strangers and businesses.
If you are looking for a new and creative way to sell products or get your business’ name out there, Pinterest may be the answer (or a part of the answer).
Here are some of the ways that you can use Pinterest to either sell more products or make your business increase in popularity:
1. Add a “Pin-It” button to your website. This way people can pin your articles or images of your products. Having others pin your content both allows them to save it for themselves AND at the same time it is being shared with a larger audience who may be unaware of your business/products.
2. Refer people back to your website. Whenever possible add your website address and link back to it so that people know where to find your products or learn more about your company. Make sure that you use Google Analytics to track how many people are coming to your website via Pinterest.
3. Add a video board to your Pinterest account. For example, if you are a clothing store you might want to periodically add videos talking about the upcoming fashion trends or having someone model your newest clothes.
4. Cross-promote. You could try cross-promoting your products or message with your Facebook, Twitter, blog, company website and Pinterest accounts. The more social media platforms you use the more likely people are to find out about you online.
5. Regularly update your Pinterest account and pin new images or videos. Keep your Pinterest followers interested and on their radar.
If you liked this article pin it! Or contact us so we can discuss how Pinterest can help your business grow.