I recently passed my Google exams and was awarded my Google Adwords Individual Qualification with specialization in Search Advertising.
In order to become certified you need to pass the Google Advertising Fundamentals Exam and one of the Advanced Exams. Each exam costs $50 to write. You can become Google certified for only $100! IF you fail an exam (you shouldn’t if you prepare and study for them) you have to wait one week before you can re-write that exam and you need to pay another $50.
This blog post will give you some tips to help you with your Google exams.
– Decide which of the 3 Advanced Exams you wish to write. Everyone has to write the Google Advertising Fundamentals Exam and you have a choice to specialize in 1 of the 3 Advanced Exams:
- + Search Advertising Advanced Exam
- + Display Advertising Advanced Exam
- + Reporting & Analysis Advanced Exam
When deciding which Advanced Exam to study and write, consider what the needs are for your business and which area will benefit you the most.
– STUDY! Google has an Exam Study Learning Center to help you prepare for your exams. Each exam requires you to study many lessons. Thoroughly studying this material takes a lot of time. While going through the material make yourself study notes that you can review a few times before attempting to write your exams.
– Create a Google Adwords account so that you can actually use it before attempting your exam. Being familiar with the Adwords layout, tabs, etc… is a big advantage when it comes to writing the exams.
– Each exam is 2 hours long and has about 109 questions. Therefore, you need to write it at a steady, fairly fast pace.
– Use the “mark for review” button. If you are unsure about a question, use the “mark” button and you can go over all of those questions at the end of your exam. You want to make sure that you answer all of the questions that you know in the time allowed.
– Use the “strike out” function. You are able to cross off wrong multiple choice options while writing your exams. This function is especially helpful when you are completing your marked questions at the end.
– Celebrate! You just passed and are now Google Adwords certified!
– Relax (for a bit) – the Google Advertising Fundamentals Exam is valid for 2 years and the Advanced Exams are valid for 1 year.
Good luck! Finally, if you don’t feel up to taking the time to study and become Google certified you can always contact SEO Guelph and we’d be happy to set up and/or manage your PPC campaigns!